Saturday, July 18, 2009

Steel Days 5K

Last year we went to watch Jake run this race and Austin decided then that he wanted to do it too. He was so excited to run this year.

The kids got up early to come and cheer them on. ( I dont think they realized that it would be very little watching, and a lot of waiting!) They found their own entertainment while they patiently waited, and waited, and waited!

Jake placed 4th in his age group, and Austin placed 7th in his. He did a pretty dang good job. His time was 29.27. Not to shabby for a first run. I am so proud of him. He says he wants to do it again next year, and even Preston wants to run! I dont know where they find the energy to do it, but I am soooo glad they do!!

Good run bud! Keep up the good work.

You'd think they just got done running! I guess getting up at 6am wasn't all the fun they thought it would be.

2 comments:

Ronna said...

Good Job to both of them! WOW! I'm impressed.....

Jen said...

I CANNOT believe that little stink took 7th place in his first run!!! Some people are just cut out to be runners!!! GOOD JOB, Austie Postie! We're proud of you!!