Thursday, May 14, 2009

Heart troubles

Last month sometime we discovered that Austin has a heart murmur. Today we went to the cardioligist to follow up on it. Our peditrician didn't seem to be worried about it and thought it was an "innocent" heart murmur, but he wanted us to go have an ecocardiogram just to make sure. When the cardioligist came in and listened to him, she seemed to think the same. However wanted to continue with the sonagram on his heart to be 100% positive. Turns out that his heart is normal and he should out grow this murmur. I was so relieved!! I had a peacful feeling about it in the first place...like I just knew that everything was going to be fine. But now we have the Doctors stamp of approval on it. I just didn't think that with our families history with hearts I should take ANY risk! These are pictures that they gave me of his heart. I thought it was pretty cool to watch his heart beat. The top picture you can see the ventrical is closed and the bottom one, it's open. I was pretty fasinated!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Did the doctor point out where the murmur was?

Heather said...

no. she did a lot of really weird things. There where a lot of different colors and she told me that the difference in color shows the way the blood was flowing. It got to the point that I could actually see the blood pumping through his heart. It was really cool.